A. Information we collect
- Usage and device information gathered and stored by qReveal may include the device type, the device identifier, the Open Device Identification Number, date and time stamps for each visit or sessions, browser type, operating system, Internet Protocol address, Internet service provider information, referring and exit pages, pages visited and associated time and data data, click data and domain name. These are collected and stored in log files and by our third party analytics provider.
- On most devices, usage of qReveal pages or services may be linked to third party accounts, including ones registered to minors, that are active on that device. Because this device is not in the control of qReveal, parents and guardians are authorizing the collection and aggregation of data collected when qReveal services or pages are accessed when these accounts are signed in. Data gathered from visiting pages or services provided may be combined with other data, including with signed in accounts. If you do not wish qReveal’s vendors to link usage data to your account, sign out of all accounts on the device.
- qReveal does not respond to browser “do not track” requests or other similar requests.
- However, users always have access to other resources to control or block cookies, web beacons, tracking and similar technologies. Users may use third party tools to block and delete cookies, web beacons and similar technology, though blocking these technologies may impact the performance of the service. If you prefer to not be tracked by our analytics vendor, click here to opt out.
- Personal information such as name and email address is collected from anyone who creates an account with qReveal. An account is not required to use the pages or services that do not require a login. This information is used for the purposes listed in Section B below.
- For logged in users, usage data is linked to the account for the purposes listed in Section B below.
B. How we use the information we collect
- We use the data, cookies, beacons and other technologies to monitor the usage statistics of our services, diagnose technical issues with our services, prevent security issues or fraud and to improve our services.
- Content uploaded by account holders is used to display information on pages available without a login.
- Email addresses provided upon creating an account may receive email marketing from us, but the user can opt out of these messages at any time by clicking the “unsubscribe” link.
- In certain cases, we may contact the email address provided to create an account, even if you have opted out of receiving email marketing from us, to notify you of important changes or updates related to our service or to contact you regarding billing or account status.
- For accounts, the domain name(s) in the email addresses registered may be used to determine what institutions are using our services for marketing purposes. We will never, however, use your name or personal information in such marketing materials without asking for permission first.
- Data collected may be used to display targeted advertising on third party sites, as outlined in Section E.
C. Information We Share
- qReveal does not sell its users’ personal information under any circumstance and does not share personal information with any third party except as cases outlined below.
- We may share the information collected from users to deliver our service. This includes creating and maintaining user accounts and responding to support requests — or any other time that a user interacts with our services.
- We may also share personal information with third party vendors and companies who provide the services that are necessary for us to run qReveal.
- We may also share your personal information for legal purposes, such as when we are required to share personal information via valid legal requests. We may also share personal information if it is required for us to comply with any laws or regulations when qReveal reasonably believes that disclosure or use is requested to meet its legal obligations.
- Your personal information may also be transferred or disclosed in relation a sale, merger or reorganization of qReveal.
- qReveal may also share your personal information in an emergency situation, including when the security or safety of any individual, government, organization, including qReveal itself, is, at qReveal’s sole and reasonable belief, at risk.
- Your personal information may also be shared in order to protect the rights and property of qReveal or its employees, contractors agents or other users.
- qReveal may share account information in order to facilitate any lawful request made by a a third party to have personal information removed.
D. Information shared by users
- The majority of the content account holders upload is restricted to content meant for the general public, such as product and service offerings, prices and other information.
- qReveal does not have direct control over and is not responsible for what content is posted.
- It is the responsibility of the account holder to obtain and document any necessary permission to post content owned or controlled by any third party.
- Once information is deleted, it is removed immediately from our databases, but may remain on some servers for up to 30 days before being permanently deleted.
- Content shared by users may include links to third party sites or embedded content, widgets or other content provided by third party sites. These sites have their own privacy policies that your usage of qReveal’s services may fall under and qReveal is not responsible for the privacy practices of these sites or services.
E. Targeted advertising
- qReveal may track account holder and other user behavior to display third party advertising provided by third party advertising networks on other sites.
- qReveal utilizes a third party advertising vendor for targeted advertising.
- If you wish to opt out of targeted advertising from our vendors, Google, Facebook and Bing, click the link for more information.
- Please note that non-targeted advertising may continue to be shown after opting out.
- qReveal does not display advertising of any time on its own pages.
F. Data Control
- As permitted under applicable law, users may have certain rights about what information is collected, how it is stored and to have it removed.
- To stop collection of personal information, there are a variety of tools and browser settings available. Users wishing to limit the information collected are responsible for identifying and activating the appropriate resources to meet their wishes.
- Please note that, because anonymized usage and device data cannot be linked to a specific user, it cannot be deleted and will be excluded from any such requests.
G. Specific Privacy Regulations
- qReveal complies with the U.S. Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act as required. Users must be 13 years of age or older to create accounts. When a parent or guardian permits a user under 13 years of age to access publicly available qReveal content, they are granting permission for the individual under 13 to access this account and are responsible for documenting granting such permission.
- qReveal complies with California’s “Shine the Light” law as is applicable to our services. We do not share or disclose any personal information of minors to any third party marketers. Under the law, California residents may request verification of this by sending an email to email@example.com. You may make one request per year without charge.
- qReveal complies with the Privacy Rights for California Minors in the Digital World law as applicable.
- qReveal complies with the General Data Protection Regulation for eligible residents of the European Economic Area. To request deletion of your personal information from our servers, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Such requests from account holders will result in the deletion of your account and you will no longer be able to manage your account. Please note that requests from users not in jurisdictions covered under GDPR will not be processed.